Wednesday, 21 December 2011
I made these mince pies with my boyfriend last night and they were so yummy and very easy to make!
8oz of flour
4oz of margarine
3 or 4 teaspoons of cold water
A jar of mince meat
Sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6
2. Measure out the flour and pour into a bowl.
3. Measure out the margarine (leave it out of the fridge for a few minutes to allow it to become soft) and cut it into small chunks and put them in the bowl containing the flour.
4. Use your fingertips to rub the flour and butter into a breadcrumb like consistency.
5. Add 3 or 4 teaspoons of cold water to the mixture, stirring each one in before adding the next, until it has become dough like.
6. Sprinkle your worktop with flour and roll out the dough. Cut it in half, using the first half to create the base of the mince pies.
7. Cut out the bases for the mince pies using a circular cookie cutter, I managed to make just over 12. Put these dough bases into a cupcake tray.
8. Put about half a teaspoon of mince meat on the bases.
9. Using the other half of the dough, cut out the tops for the mince pies. We chose star and heart cutters but I’m sure most shapes would work! Once cut out, pop the tops on to of the mince meat to complete the mince pie.
10. Sprinkle each mince pie with a bit of sugar and then bake in them in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
And there you go, a lovely festive treat!
Sunday, 11 December 2011
I spent yesterday morning baking these cupcakes for the Christmas dinner held by my boyfriend's flatmates. It was such a fun and festive evening! The festive activities continued the next evening as I watched The Grinch and The Snowman with my own flatmates, we all wished we had some Baileys to top the evening off! I've spent most of today watching How I Met Your Mother and in a few hours the stew I've made should be ready. This evening I'm going out for cocktails which will be a lot of fun. This time next week I will be home and I can't wait!
Thursday, 1 December 2011
As the 1st of December is now upon us, I decided to put some decorations up in my bedroom to make it feel a bit more festive! I did this whilst listening to the lovely Christmas album by She & Him.
Last night Tom and I went into town and he bought me my Christmas present, I cannot wait to stomp around in these! As soon as we got home I ordered his present, a pair of Dr Marten Langston boots. I love having a Dr Marten shop nearby!
I have a lecture on referencing (zzzz) in about an hour but when I come home I shall do what I have been looking forward to for many days, watching Elf!